What is the CUCS?
CUCS (founded in 1989 under the name of the Cambridge Commonwealth Group) is a university society which exists to promote Commonwealth connections, friendship and values. It is also a branch of the international Royal Commonwealth Society and enjoys the support of Cambridge Commonwealth Trusts.
Most members are students, but there is also a small group of permanent, locally based members, with wide experience of living and working in Commonwealth countries. The Society is not restricted to Commonwealth citizens and welcomes other international students.
What do we do?
- Links with wider Commonwealth networks and with the local community
- Continuous, successful existence for a quarter of a century
- Welcome events for new students
- Annual dinners
- Annual lectures (since 2006)
- Seminars and discussion groups
- Fun and food events
- Coach trips (e.g. to Stratford-upon-Avon or the seaside)
If you are interested in what we do, please contact us or apply for a membership here. We hope you will find the experience rewarding!